During the talent acquisition portion of the hiring process, candidates apply for an open position online and complete a pre-interview online assessment. All applicants fill out an extensive online application that asks for information regarding employment history, criminal convictions, ability to perform the essential job functions, and eligibility and/or authorization to work in the United States.
During talent acquisition, we seek out individuals who fit our company culture and team atmosphere. We have dedicated individuals who are responsible for reviewing applicants daily, screening their applications, and following up immediately. We begin building relationships with our employees immediately be being prompt and courteous with our applicants during the hiring process.
Our stringent hiring requirements and intensive screening processes go well beyond the industry standards and distinguish NMC from its competitors. We thoroughly review each potential candidate’s background, legal status, and work history.
- Be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States; we confirm that all our employees are legally authorized to work in the United States through using both E-verify and standard I-9 processes.
- Be a minimum of 18 to 21 years of age, depending on the facility and job requirements
- Not have a disqualifying criminal history
- Possess a High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Possess good background references
- Be able to meet our physical requirements analysis
- Be able to clearly speak, write, compose on a keyboard, and read English
- Be able to clearly comprehend oral and written orders, procedures, and materials in English
- Be willing to conform to NMC’s dress code and present a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and probable cause drug screen test, if applicable
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet our driving record requirements covered in our Vehicle Driving Policy, if applicable
Depending on the specific job the applicant is being considered for, NMC may also implement the following screening measures, such as driver’s record checks; strength testing; education verification; additional state and county background checks; and custom screening checks, as requested by clients.
If an individual successfully meets all our screening criteria, he or she will be invited to interview with NMC. All qualified applicants are given a personal, face-to-face interview. During the interview, we look at the applicant’s general suitability, as well as his or her job experience and work ethic. During the interview, we want to determine that the individual will succeed and remain with NMC long-term. If we feel that the individual fits our team culture and is qualified for the position, we will offer the individual a job.
We are meticulous in job placement – we want to ensure that individuals are placed in a position in which they can succeed and be proud of their work. After a satisfactory interview, and passing required background and validation checks, we offer the individual a position with the company. We are mindful to offer a position suited to the individual’s natural strengths and skills so that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to succeed in their work. NMC then schedules training classes for new employees.
Marsden is one of the largest privately owned facility service providers in the United States. Marsden has over 50 offices throughout the United States and employs more than 10k people. Marsden has thousands of clients across the country and services over 300M square feet every day.
Despite Marsden’s national scope, Marsden focuses on the local markets in which it has acquisitions and office locations. Each office is invested in its community and local clients, providing personalized service. Like a small, local company, the regional offices make decisions on all aspects of their service operations and are empowered to manage their teams and respond to all client needs and request.
Marsden’s local operating companies have the benefit of leveraging Marsden’s resources as a large organization – including staff, technology, equipment, supplies, information, industry experts, and financial support.